Welcome to Napier – gateway to New Zealands’ premier wine region.
Visiting cruise passengers rate Napier one of New Zealands’ very best ports-of-call.
Hawke’s Bay, the province surrounding Napier, enjoys one of the highest counts of annual sunshine hours in the country. As a result, the region has always been a popular holiday destination for Kiwi families.
There are a wealth of things to see and do here and Bay Tours are pleased to offer four tours specially designed for cruise visitors which highlight some of the best aspects of life in Hawke’s Bay.
We also offer tours in other New Zealand ports visited by cruise ships.
All pricing is quoted and charged in New Zealand Dollars.
- A guided look at Napier’s history and Art Deco architecture
- Check out the chic former fishing village of Ahuriri – Napiers’ first settlement
- Enjoy the beauty and vistas of historic Mission Estate winery – NZs oldest
- Visit a boutique local chocolate producer
- Travel through vineyard and orchard country
- Take in coastal views across the bay towards Cape Kidnappers
- Have an encounter with NZ’s rare iconic symbol – the flightless Kiwi bird.
- View NZ’s Little Blue Penguins at the National Aquarium of NZ
2 Hours: Art Deco Napier + NZ’s oldest winery + chocolate producer + Brown Kiwi bird & Little Blue Penguins
- A guided tour of Napier’s Art Deco architectural heritage
- Take the coast road south to view the cliffs towards Cape Kidnappers
- Enjoy views of the stunning Tukituki River valley and the Craggy Range
- Sample the huge range at Arataki Honey including NZ’s world famous Manuka honey
- Marvel at the breath-taking 360 degree views from Te Mata Peak
- Tour through the beautiful village of Havelock North
- Travel through orchard and vineyard areas
- Taste fresh Hawke’s Bay produce direct from the orchard
- Try some chocolate at a boutique producer nestled in the countryside
3 Hours: Art Deco Napier + views of Tuki tuki Valley + Arataki Honey + Te Mata Peak + orchard-picked fruit + chocolate producer
- Learn about the devastating earthquake responsible for Napier’s Art Deco beauty
- Enjoy stunning vistas as you head south into the Hawke’s Bay countryside
- Sample some premium Hawke’s Bay wine at a boutique producer cellar door
- Take in the amazing ‘all-around’ views from the top of 399m Te Mata Peak
- See the sights as you travel through historic Spanish Mission style Hastings
- Taste the fresh produce of Hawke’s Bay direct from the orchards
- Visit and sample at a boutique chocolate producer amidst the vineyards
- Return to town via historic Ahuriri – the first part of Napier settled
Please note: The Black Rose Limousine interior is laid out in leather sofa style seating that runs the length of the vehicle.
3 Hours: Exclusive limousine lounge comfort + Art Deco Napier + visit a premium winery + Te Mata Peak + Spanish Mission Hastings + more
Price quoted per person – Minimum 2 people
- Travel in exclusive luxury limousine comfort
- Get up close to the stunning Art Deco architecture of Napier
- Follow beautiful Marine Parade into the lovely Hawke’s Bay countryside
- Take in scenic vistas through beautiful farming, orchard and vineyard country
- Enjoy breathtaking views in every direction on a 30 minute scenic flight taking in Te Mata Peak, Cape Kidnappers, Marine Parade, Napier City & Gimblett Gravels vineyards
2 Hours: Art Deco Napier + stunning vistas through Hawke’s Bay countryside + 30min scenic flight across Hawke’s Bay
Tours In Other New Zealand Ports
5.5 Hours 10.00am – 3.30pm
- You’ll be collected shipside so there’s no frantic rush to get into town
- Spend time at New Zealand’s National Museum – Te Papa
- Enjoy the views of Wellington’s renowned waterfront and harbour
- Visit special effects wizards Weta Workshop where movies like Lord Of The Rings and Avatar were made
- Take in the stunning views of Wellington City and harbour from Mt Victoria
- Ride through the business and shopping district to the famous Cable Car
- Take the Cable Car (tariff included) up to Kelburn for further amazing views
- View the grandeur of Parliament and Victoria Law School buildings
- Be amazed at the beauty of Old St Pauls church with its neo-gothic interior
- At the tour’s completion either stay in the city or we will return you to your ship
5.5 Hours: Te Papa Museum + Weta Cave + views from Mt Victoria + Cable Car ride + more